After rebuilding the SQL Server and restoring databases due to a catastrophic hardware failure that even corrupted the redundancies, once users tried to open certain smartlists, they received the following error window:
Then, after getting the message multiple times, the smartlist data finally showed, but it was a major nuisance for the users.
After troubleshooting, I found the issue to be because in the new install of SSRS, I had set it to run on a domain service account. After trying some other potential solutions, I found that setting the SSRS service to run as NETWORK SERVICE ceased the copious number of error messages received.
See our Network Services page for more information on ways we can help you!